Java Developer for Cloud Web Application (m,f)
We are looking for a Java developer to help us further develop and improve the SnowMirror product, which we proudly created ourselves at GuideVision.
Main responsibilities and challenges:
• Further development of the SnowMirror web application (snow-mirror.com), a data replication tool transferring data from the cloud ServiceNow platform to other environments, enabling our customers to analyze data, create custom reports, integrate systems, etc. The work won’t be about mundane maintenance tasks, just working on new features, which is pretty exciting!
• You’ll be mostly responsible for the end-to-end development and shadowing of the senior colleague on the job.
• Closely cooperating with the team, consisting of 1 senior developer, a support team in Hradec Králové, 4 salespersons, and most amazingly, our founder Pavel Müller, who holds the role of SnowMirror product manager.
• And last but not least, constant learning is also an essential part of the job.
Your profile should look like:
• Tech-stack (not everything is a must, we are looking for your potential to learn:
• Java 8 Enterprise Edition
• Spring framework, Hibernate library for data access
• Testing environment – Groovy, Spock, Selenium, Testcontainers
• Analytical mind and rational thinking.
• Proactive and responsible attitude.
• Communication skills and good time management, consultancy mindset (can be useful in the future in case of participation in client pitches, conferences etc.).
• Experience with international environments and clients.
• Fluent English for daily use.
What makes the role so exciting:
• You will be developing a successful B2B product used by large customers who love and appreciate it.
• You will be a part of a small team where you will have the opportunity to change things, come up with ideas and learn a lot through an individual training plan suited to your needs.
• You will use many database-related technologies (Azure, AWS, cloud data warehouses…) and get to learn new ones – opportunities for growth are endless.
• Opportunity to learn about ServiceNow which is in high demand all over the world. During the first weeks, you will have enough time to learn about the product, and our unique project methodology which will help your smooth adaptation within the company.
Why join GuideVision:
• Informal and friendly working environment, and at the same time stability and profitability of the successful international IT company.
• Hybrid way of work and flexible working hours (mix of office and home office to better balance your work-life balance) or full remote work.
• Personal and professional growth - we have a strong focus on the uniqueness of each team member and deepen his knowledge and skills through training programs and leadership from senior colleagues.
• Participation in international product development within a small, highly experienced team with support from colleagues from other branches across Europe.
• Our team-buildings, conferences, hackathons, sports or CSR initiatives, events for your children etc. will not get you bored as well.
• We provide competitive compensation and generous package of benefits related to your work-life balance / health / sport / culture / food / pension and life insurance / paid absences on top of law / BYOD and other local perks (e.g., Zoo tickets, discounts, …).
Locations where you can work:
• Czech Republic: Prague, Hradec Králové, Brno, Ostrava, or fully remote.
Sounds like a great opportunity? We look forward to hearing from you.